Optimized Coil Design
Heat Exchanger Coil
The coil tube diameter, geometry, and circuiting have been optimized through thousands of hours of theoretical modeling and laboratory testing.
- Through the use of computational fluid dynamics (CFD) modeling software, finite heat transfer analysis, and proprietary coil performance calculation methods, EVAPCO engineers have identified significant design elements to improve the finned coil performance
- The circuiting program used on all EVAPCO coils has been optimized based on actual coil operation in EVAPCO’s world class research laboratory
The result is optimal heat transfer efficiency with low airside pressure drop and low motor horsepower per ton.
Innovative Coil Technology
All SSTP-E Series stainless steel tubes feature CrossCool, an Internal Tube Enhancement that improves the internal film coefficient for more efficient heat transfer, resulting in:
- Reduced refrigerant charge
- Reduced refrigerant pump horsepower
- Lower operating cost
- Smaller line sizes and reduced overall installation costs
EVAPCO’s patented enhanced aluminum fin technology minimizes airside pressure drop while improving overall heat transfer performance, the unique fin design allows for free drainage of condensate during wet operation without water carryover.
Advanced Materials & Design Features
Superior Stainless Steel Technology
SSTP-E Series evaporators are constructed with high-grade type 304L stainless steel tubing and aluminum fins as standard.
- Meets the requirements of ASME B31.5 refrigerant piping code
- Stainless steel tubes are available in 5/8 inch or 1.05 inch OD
- Coils are built in 3.3, 4.3, and 6 FPI as standard using a full-collar aluminum fin featuring EVAPCO’s ChannelFlow fin technology
For applications where corrosion of the aluminum fin is a concern, EVAPCO offers pre-coated epoxy fin stock.
Stronger Corrosion Protection
The casing and drain pans are constructed from G-235 hot dip galvanized steel with an option for type 304 stainless steel.
- G-235 is the highest level of mil galvanizing offered in the industry and exceeds the zinc protection that other manufacturers provide when using G-90 mil galvanized steel
- The higher level of galvanizing provides a greater level of corrosion protection for a longer product life
Efficient Evaporator Fans
EVAPCO’s extensive air side research and testing has identified fans with the best combination of efficiency and sound levels.Fans used in the SSTP-E Series evaporators have performance curves generated in EVAPCO’s AMCA Fan Test Chamber, ensuring the fans perform as required to deliver the certified cooling effect and power ratings as stated in the equipment quotation and submitted data.
- Standard catalog models are selected to provide low sound levels
- EVAPCO’s low sound fan selections provide more comfort and a safer working environment for personnel entering the cold space
Durable Fan Motors
- All SSTP-E Series evaporators are supplied with totally enclosed air over (TEAO), foot-mounted fan motors with sealed bearings and low-temperature grease
- Standard fan motors are suitable for operation on variable frequency drive from 2 horsepower motors to 15 horsepower motors, and are suitable for 230/460-volt, 3 phase, 60 cycle applications
- Standard motors are across-the-line start and operate at either 1160, or 1750 RPM
- All fan motors are foot-mounted for improved durability in a wide range of operating conditions
- All fan motors are pre-wired to a NEMA 4 panel with IEC starter(s) and a fused disconnect
- The enclosures of the SSTP-E Series evaporators have 4” thick R32 thermally insulated walls.
- Foam panels are sandwiched between high grade aluminum sheet metal, eliminating air leaks and infiltration
- Includes aluminum safety grating over the return air opening and the fans
Hygienic Drain Pans
Sloped in two directions to prevent water from pooling, the custom engineered drain pans in the SSTP-E Series evaporators are also equipped with swaged bottom outlets to ensure complete drainage.
- Drain pans are factory mounted prior to shipment
- Drain pans are insulated as standard
- SSTP-E Series evaporators can be set directly on the roof, no roof curb required
- All controls, refrigeration valves, coils, fans, and motors are located outside the working environment
- Eliminates the risk of damage from fork lifts and other material handling equipment
- Eliminates the threat to workers and product, any leaks are vented directly to the atmosphere rather than the refrigerated space
- Work within the building is not interrupted during maintenance on the SSTP-E Series evaporators
- All evaporator controls, piping, fans, and motors are easily accessible without the use of extended lift equipment or ladders
- Faster, more efficient defrost cycles since the units are outside of the refrigerated space
Maintenance and Accessibility
- All SSTP-E Series evaporators are equipped with full sized access doors on each side of the unit, significantly improving maintenance access and eliminating potential ‘enclosed space’ issues
- Fan and motor assemblies are designed to be removed in one piece, eliminating common maintenance difficulties and access issues
- All SSTP-E Series evaporators include specially designed motor lift arms