Low-profile unit coolers for small to medium applications for low, medium and high temperatures. SSTXE Series evaporators offer improved accessibility features, clean cabinet/pan design and corrosion inhibiting materials of construction. SSTXE Evaporators are offered with stainless steel tube/aluminum fin with a hygienic cabinet design.
SSTXE Series Evaporators
- Constructed with heavy wall, 5/8 inch OD, stainless steel tubing featuring CrossCool™ Internal Tube Enhancement
- Standard Aluminum Fin construction featuring ChannelFlow Fin Technology as standard
- Optimized recirculation rate of 1.2:1.0 significantly reduces system refrigerant charge
- Cast aluminum fan blades as standard
- Low sound fan motors ranging from ½ horsepower to 1 horsepower and 1750 RPM
- G-235 hot dip galvanized steel casing and dual-sloped drain pan
- Hygienic cabinet design
- Easy installation
- AHRI Standard 420 Certified™
Warm room air is drawn into the evaporator across the cooling coil. Refrigerant is circulated through the coil of the evaporator. Heat from the air is absorbed by the refrigerant through the coil tubes causing a portion of the refrigerant to evaporate. The air is cooled as it travels through the coil and is discharged into the room.
Optimized Coil Design
Heat Exchanger Coil
The coil tube diameter, geometry, and circuiting have been optimized through thousands of hours of theoretical modeling and laboratory testing.
- Through the use of computational fluid dynamics (CFD) modeling software, finite heat transfer analysis, and proprietary coil performance calculation methods, EVAPCO engineers have identified significant design elements to improve the finned coil performance
- The circuiting program used on all EVAPCO coils has been optimized based on actual coil operation in EVAPCO’s world class research laboratory.
The result is optimal heat transfer efficiency with low airside pressure drop and low motor horsepower per ton.
Innovative Coil Technology
All SSTXE Series stainless steel tubes feature CrossCool, an internal tube enhancement that improves the internal film coefficient for more efficient heat transfer, resulting in:
- Reduced refrigerant charge
- Reduced refrigerant pump horsepower
- Lower operating cost
- Smaller line sizes and reduced overall installation costs
EVAPCO’s patented enhanced aluminum fin technology is proven to minimize airside pressure drop while improving overall heat transfer performance.
The unique fin design allows for free drainage of condensate during wet operation without water carryover.
Advanced Materials & Design Features
Superior Stainless Steel Technology
SSTXE Series evaporators are constructed with high-grade type 304L stainless steel tubing and aluminum fins as standard.
- Meets the requirements of ASME B31.5 refrigerant piping code
- Stainless steel tubes are available in 5/8 inch OD
- Coils are built in 3.3, 4.3, and 6 FPI as standard using a full-collar aluminum fin featuring EVAPCO’s ChannelFlow fin technology
For applications where corrosion of the aluminum fin is a concern, EVAPCO offers pre-coated epoxy fin stock.
EVAPCO also offers high performance stainless steel fins for applications where coatings are not acceptable, including any installation near open food products and production areas.
Stronger Corrosion Protection
The casing and drain pans are constructed from G-235 hot dip galvanized steel with an option for type 304 stainless steel.
- G-235 is the highest level of mil galvanizing offered in the industry and exceeds the zinc protection that other manufacturers provide when using G-90 mil galvanized steel
- The higher level of galvanizing provides a greater level of corrosion protection for a longer product life
Efficient Evaporator Fans
EVAPCO’s extensive air side research and testing has identified fans with the best combination of efficiency and sound levels.Fans used in the SSTXE Series evaporators have performance curves generated in EVAPCO’s AMCA Fan Test Chamber, ensuring the fans perform as required to deliver the certified cooling effect and power ratings as stated in the equipment quotation and submitted data.
- Standard catalog models are selected to provide low sound levels
- EVAPCO’s low sound fan selections provide more comfort and a safer working environment for personnel entering the cold space
Durable Fan Motors
All SSTXE Series evaporators are supplied with totally enclosed air over (TEAO), foot-mounted fan motors with sealed bearings and low-temperature grease. Standard fan motors are suitable for operation on a variable frequency drive and range from ½ horsepower fractional motors to 1 horsepower, and are suitable for 230/460-volt, 3-phase,60-cycle applications.
- Standard motors are across-the-line start and operate at 1750 RPM
- All 1750 RPM motors up to 1 HP are equipped with automatic thermal overload protection
- All fan motors, including fractional horsepower fan motors, are foot-mounted for improved durability in a wide range of operating conditions
- All fan motors are pre-wired to a NEMA 4X junction box
Sloped Top Panels
Sloped top panels prevent accumulation of moisture from condensation or clean-up cycles.
Hygienic Drain Pans
Sloped in two directions to prevent water from pooling, the custom engineered drain pans in the SSTXE Series evaporators are also equipped with swaged bottom outlets to ensure complete drainage.
- Drain pans are factory mounted prior to shipment
- Drain pans are insulated as standard
Air Discharge Arrangements
Air discharge options impact free delivery of air and are not certified under AHRI Standard 420.
- Long throw adapters for installation in large rooms or corridors
- Can be aluminum or stainless steel
Air defrost with insulated drain pans.
Hot gas, coil only defrost with insulated drain pan.
Hot gas coil and pan with a hot gas coil under the inner drain pan:
- The unique design of the hot gas drain pan provides for highly efficient defrost
- Hot gas defrost units may be piped with either parallel feed to coil and drain pan or series flow from drain pan to coil
- Hot gas pan-to-coil piping includes a factory mounted check valve
Electric defrost featuring electric resistance heater elements with termination thermostat:
- Electric defrost options are sized based on room temperature
- Electric pan heaters included for room temperatures below 32°F
- Electric defrost can be supplied with optional heater contactor
Fan motors on SSTXE Series evaporators are prewired to a terminal box as standard.
- Wiring on one- and two- fan models terminate with leads inside a NEMA 4X junction box
- For models with three or more fan motors, a terminal strip is included to which the motor leads are wired
Other electrical options include:
- Prewired to a common non-fused disconnect
- Prewired to magnetic motor starter with disconnect
Optional motors are available:
- Washdown-duty fan motors for applications requiring Clean-In-Place or water clean-up cycles
Custom Coil Applications
EVAPCO offers a broad range of unit configurations along with engineering expertise and manufacturing capability to design and build virtually any type of non-cataloged custom coil or special unit. Contact your EVAPCO Representative to get started.
Coil and Fin Options
Coil and fin options include:
- Reheat coils for applications requiring humidity control; a separate heating coil is designed and circuited for refrigerant or an alternate heat source and is installed on the leaving air side of the cooling coil to heat the air to the desired temperature
- Flat fins constructed from 0.014 inch aluminum.
- Heavy fins constructed from 0.028 inch heavy gauge aluminum, making them 8-times stronger than the standard thickness fins, ideal for harsh environments and heavy frost applications
- Pre-coated epoxy fins to provide additional resistance to corrosion
- Canadian Registration Number (CRN) for Canadian applications
- High conductivity stainless steel fin
Drain Pan Options
Drain pan options include:
- Hot gas defrost drain pan featuring a unique tube design mechanically bonded to the underside of the pan liner and secured with a retaining plate; the hot gas coil design provides more heat transfer surface area and results in improved defrost performance with very low pressure drop
- Stainless Steel constructed drain pan
- Fully welded option available
- Inner pan liner, outer pan cover, or both
- Heat tracing (inner pan liner / outer pan cover)
- Oversized drain pan fabricated to be wider and/or longer than standard
|AHRI STANDARD 420||303.7 KB||White Paper||English|
|Cleaning Solutions and Sanitizers Keep Pace with Evaporator Coil Materials||1.02 MB||Layout||English|
|Global Product Catalog||53.71 MB||Catalog||English|
|SST-E Series Catalog||6.89 MB||Catalog||English|
|SST-E Series Catalog||18.39 MB||Catalog||Spanish|
|SST-E Series Evaporator Operation, Maintenance and Installation||909.42 KB||O & M||English|
|White Paper: ANSI/AHRI Standard 420-2008 for FAn and Coil Evaporators - Benefits and Cost||194.35 KB||White Paper||English|
|White Paper: Low Recirculation Rate Evaporators||428.08 KB||White Paper||English|
|Media name||Drawing Type||Drawing Format||Product Model|
|SSTXB1-7103E0050A1M Unit Certified (English)||Unit Certified||Print (.pdf)||SSTXB1-7103E0050A1M|
|SSTXB1-7103E0075A1M Unit Certified (English)||Unit Certified||Print (.pdf)||SSTXB1-7103E0075A1M|
|SSTXB1-7103E0100A1M Unit Certified (English)||Unit Certified||Print (.pdf)||SSTXB1-7103E0100A1M|
|SSTXB1-7103F0050A1M Unit Certified (English)||Unit Certified||Print (.pdf)||SSTXB1-7103F0050A1M|
|SSTXB1-7103F0075A1M Unit Certified (English)||Unit Certified||Print (.pdf)||SSTXB1-7103F0075A1M|
|SSTXB1-7103F0100A1M Unit Certified (English)||Unit Certified||Print (.pdf)||SSTXB1-7103F0100A1M|
|SSTXB1-7103H0050A1M Unit Certified (English)||Unit Certified||Print (.pdf)||SSTXB1-7103H0050A1M|
|SSTXB1-7103H0075A1M Unit Certified (English)||Unit Certified||Print (.pdf)||SSTXB1-7103H0075A1M|
|SSTXB1-7103H0100A1M Unit Certified (English)||Unit Certified||Print (.pdf)||SSTXB1-7103H0100A1M|
|SSTXB1-7104E0050A1M Unit Certified (English)||Unit Certified||Print (.pdf)||SSTXB1-7104E0050A1M|